If you want to straighten your teeth but don’t want to compromise on your appearance during treatment, then aesthetic braces are the type for you. At Anglia Orthodontics we use the Clarity brand of aesthetic braces.
More hygenic: Clarity braces use translucent ceramic brackets so they’re less visible than metal braces. This helps reduce the chances of food getting stuck in your braces in the first place, making them a hygienic treatment option.
Choice of celebrities: Aesthetic braces are similar to traditional metal braces but instead use ceramic or other materials that are less noticeable and often match the colour of your teeth. This makes them a discreet way to improve your smile. They’re also the braces of choice for many celebrities, such as Tom Cruise, who don’t want orthodontic treatment to interfere with their profile.
Download PDF brochures about Clarity braces.
While undergoing orthodontic treatment, it is important you brush your teeth and brace well. Failure to keep your teeth and brace clean can lead to gingivitis (gum disease), permanent scarring of your teeth (white marks) or decay.
When brushing your teeth:
• Use either a manual or electric toothbrush
• Brush 3 times a day: after breakfast, lunch (or as soon as you get home), and after your evening meal
• Spend 5 minutes each time ensuring you clean everywhere; all around your teeth and brace, not forgetting to brush your gums
• Rinse with a fluoride mouthwash before bed to help strengthen the teeth
• Cleang between the brackets and wire with Tepe brushes
Keeping a teeth cleaning routine is a good way of ensuring you are keeping everywhere clean.
To make treatment cost more manageable, we have various payment options including a 0% payment plan over periods up to 18 months. See details